Exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Table of Contents
Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC, and cardigangeneral.com or “Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC”, “we” “our” and “us” are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and all personal information you provide to us is kept confidential.
2. What information do we collect?
The specific pieces of personal information that Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC collects, uses, and shares depends on which of our Services you have or use with us. We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number)
- Personal identifiers (such as your Social Security number, Driver’s License number, Tax Identification number, and signature)
- Financial information (such as credit/debit card number, account balances, credit history, investment activity, income or source of funds, and payment/transaction history)
- Employment information (such as occupation, title, and work experience)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, and ethnicity)
- Personal characteristics (such as veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, and familial information)
- Health-related information (such as medical information, employee benefits claims information)
- Geo-location information (such as city/state, zip code, physical location or movements)
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity information (such as browsing history, IP address, device type, operating system, duration of user session, blog commenting, or forum/wiki participation)
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of personal information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behaviours, attitudes and abilities
In addition to the above categories, you may provide us with additional pieces of information when you create an account, fill in a form, submit an application for employment, update or add information to your account or use our Services. The information we collect may be combined with other personal information provided to Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC.
3. How do we collect information?
We may collect personal information in the following ways:
- Information you provide to us through our Services
- Information you give us permission to collect from another source
- From third party service providers, data brokers or business partners
- Automatically from devices you use to connect to our Services (See “Cookies and Other Tools” below)
- From public sources including, but not limited to, social media and other websites that enable social sharing
- Information from government agencies, public or third party information sources
4. How may we use the information?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Perform our Services and Respond to Requests. We may use personal information to fulfill requests and perform our responsibilities under Services as requested by you.
- Protection and Security. We may use personal information to protect the security and integrity of our Services, and for the protection of Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC, our users, and others.
- We may use financial information to complete requested transactions and purchasing of products and Services.
- Administrative Communications. We may use personal information to send you important information regarding our Services, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to us providing our Services, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Marketing Communications and Mailing Lists. We may use personal information to show you more relevant and meaningful content based on your interests, including to notify you about our promotions or inviting you to participate in surveys. You have the right to opt out from receiving marketing communications, as described in the “Your Rights” section.
- Research and Surveys. We may use personal information from you, our service providers, publicly available sources and other third parties to conduct research. From time to time, we may request information from you via surveys/polls/contests/promotions and other marketing activities. Participation in these activities is voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose personal information.
- Online Services. We collect and use information about how you and other users interact with our Services in order to compile statistics for analysis of our Services and business.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use personal information collected from the categories mentioned for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new offerings, and monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our Services.
- Legal and Regulatory. We may use personal information to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations (such as compliance with anti-money laundering procedures or tax reporting, and to prevent fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities).
5. With whom do we share information?
We will not use or share the personally identifiable information that you provide to us online in ways unrelated to those described herein without first letting you know and offering you a choice to opt out.
- Affiliated Entities. We may share your personal information to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf to provide the necessary service or information requested by you, to consolidate data storage, or to simplify the management of customer information. These entities may use your information consistent with this Policy and business partners are bound by appropriate confidentiality agreements.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share personal information with third party service providers that we hire to assist with running our everyday business, such as account maintenance, data analysis, online advertising, payment/credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, and other similar services. We grant these providers access to personal information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions, and require them, by written agreement, to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information and prohibit the disclosing of personal information other than for the specific purposes for we disclosed the information to them. However, even with the service providers agreeing to abide by these restrictions, we cannot control how third parties process your personal information.
- Business Transfers or Assignments. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any and all information that we collect from site users or offline to a third party.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We may disclose personal information about you to others as we believe to be appropriate: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to comply with legal process (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations and property interest; (vi) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC, our employees, users of our Services, you, or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We have no obligation to notify you of such disclosures, except as required by applicable law.
- At your direction. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information with your consent. For example, if you enter a promotion, the official rules may include provisions related to the sharing of personal information.
Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC will not sell, rent, loan or lease your personal information to others unless we have your permission.
6. Children and minors
Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC will never knowingly collect sensitive information from children under 16 years of age for marketing purposes. Our Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16) and we do not and will not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age absent affirmative authorization. If we learn that personal information has been submitted to us by children under 16 years of age, we will delete such information from our files unless it is necessary to retain the information for us to provide the Services that are requested. Minors under the age of 16 should ask their parents or guardians for permission before submitting any personal information to anyone over the Internet.
7. Cookies / website usage
When you access our Services, your personal information may be collected by cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a bit of information that a website sends to your Web browser that helps the site remember information about you and your preferences. Pixel tags and web beacons are also used in connection with some of our pages and HTML-formatted email messages. If you do not enable cookies to visit our Sites, some parts of the Sites and services may not work.
Additionally, when you use our Services, some Web browsers have Do Not Track (“DNT”) features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC does not honor the AdChoice DNT signals. Please be aware that limiting the ability of website technologies may limit your experience and in some cases the sites may not work.
8. Your rights
You may have certain rights and choices regarding our processing of your personal information. Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to consumer rights, including the right:
- To know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, including whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and the purpose, and with whom your personal information was shared;
- To request deletion of personal information;
- To access a copy of the personal information we retain about you;
- To opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
- To non-discrimination based on the exercise of a consumer’s privacy rights.
Please note that a portion of the information collected and processed by Cardigan General Insurance Services, LLC will be out of scope for certain individual rights as it falls under exemptions for information collected under applicable federal laws.
9. Exercising your rights
To exercise your rights as described in this Policy, including submitting a verifiable request, please click here to fill out the form. For questions about this Policy, please see the “Contact Us” section below.
We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal information to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains, and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a consumer, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identify. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will endeavor to inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reason(s) for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our Services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal information.
10. Security and protection of personal information
12. Contact us
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information as described in this Policy by contacting us at 800-692-0845 or by clicking here.